- 8 Fully checked walks along popular tried
and tested routes.
- Mix of easy and more strenuous routes.
- Approx. size: A5 145 x 105 mm.
- 60 pages.
- Colour maps and photographs
- Numbered instructions to aid navigation
- Web addresses of jonathancraigguide videos on You Tube, where applicable
- Stock Ghyll Force- a short walk up to an iconic waterfall that has a special place in the history of Ambleside.
- High and Low Sweden Bridges, another relatively short walk up to an iconic local landmark, and one that can be combined with the Stock Ghyll walk to create a much longer day out.
- Rydal and Grasmere- one of the most scenic low level walks in the entire Lake District, featuring stunning views across Rydal Water and Grasmere, plus a rich vein of English literary history, as the walk passes by all four of Wordsworth's South Lakeland homes, three of which are open to the public
- Wansfell Pike and Troutbeck, a step back in time , featuring a delighful walk from the relatively busy tourist hub of Ambleside, over the fell to the peace and charm of Troutbeck, a village that has remained virtually unchanged for the past 100 years
- Loughrigg, featuring a range of routes over this small but delightful fell to the north west of Ambleside, including what is possibly the most scenic walk in England.
- Red Screes, a fine all day walk up remote Scandale and over Scandale Pass to reach the summit of Red Screes, overlooking Kirkstone Pass. Your reward will be stunning views over the Lake District mountains and north west Pennines.
- Fairfield Horseshoe. Possibly Lakeland's most celebrated ridge walk, crossing no fewer than 8 Wainwright fells and featuring stunning views in every direction.