The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis
Tel:- 015395 63027
- Small zoo which concentrates on smaller wildlife, including insects, reptiles and small mammals
- Large amount of displays indoors, making it ideal for a rainy day.
- Exotic Wildlife
- Interactive Displays
- Tropical halls feature butterflies, bats and birds flying freely.
- Aquarium featuring less well known species, such as Rainbow fish, Blind Cave fish and Mudskippers.
- Amphibians including a range of exotic frogs, toads and newts.
- Reptiles, including Iguanas, Chameleon and a python.
- Exotic, brightly coloured birds
- Small mammals, from mice to monkeys.
- Snow Leopards, Lemurs and Meerkats
- Displays of attractive and unusual plants
The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis takes you on an evolutionary journey spanning over 300,000,000 years, following the development of life on Earth – from magic molecules to mischievous monkeys! Exhibits range from fossils to fossas (cat like carnivores that come from the island of Madagascar and can grow up to 6 ft long), and include some of the world’s most threatened species.
Although a large amount of displays are inside, there is an outside section featuring larger mammals, including meerkats and snow leopards.
The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis offer a range of Animal experiences, including
- Be a keeper for a day
- Animal interactive experiences
- Animal encounters.
These are not included in the admission price and should be booked in advance
The Wildlife Oasis is also open to School Groups, and can cater for Childrens birthday parties. Please telephone for further details.