Tel:- 015395 30153
- Aquarium devoted to all things Fresh Water
- Displays of Lake, River, Estuary and Sea Shore life
- Tells the story of how water came to be on the earth, how the seas were formed and the role of water in the ecology of the planet.
- Different sections deal with different continents, including diverse environments such as the rainforest.
- Recreated journey below Lake Windermere, showing species common to the lake via a glass tunnel.
- Tank devoted to Morecambe Bay, and the species that live and thrive in it's waters.
- Virtual Dive Bell, featuring an encounter with Hippos and Crocodiles
- Otters and Diving Ducks
- Lake District section
- Talks and feeding sessions take place during the day
The Lakes Aquarium is situated next door to the steamer pier at Lakeside, adjacent to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway station, where steam trains run daily throughout the season. It is an interactive attraction, where visitors can learn about the story of water, and view a wide variety of fish, reptiles and mammals that live in, or or close to the water.
- Otter talks at 10.30am, and 3pm.
- Rockpool Discovery sessions at 11.45am and 2pm.
- Lake tunnel talks at 11am and 4pm
- Rainforest Meet the Creatures at 12.45pm and 2.30pm.
- Parking in the pay and display car park at Lakeside Pier. Disabled parking bays close to Aquarium entrance.
- Cafes adjacent to Aquarium in the old Station building beside the pier
- Toilets, including disabled toilets, adjacent to Aquarium on Railway Station platform.
- Gift Shop
- Lift to upper floor