Lakeland Motor Museum
Old Blue Mill
Tel:- 015395 30400
- Museum devoted to road transport in the 20th Century
- Over 30,000 exhibits including cycles, motorbikes, motor cars and automobilia.
- Local history and period shopping displays
- Campbell Bluebird Exhibition, celebrating the achievements of Sir Malcolm and Donald Campbell.
- Full sized replicas of the 1935 Blue Bird car, 1939 Blue Bird Boat K4 and 1967 jet hydroplane Bluebird K7.
Housed in the old "Dolly Blue" works, a converted mill beside the River Leven at Backbarrow, between Newby Bridge and Haverthwaite, the Lakeland Motor Museum boasts a fine collection of road vehicles and memorabilia, along with static displays depicting the bygone world of the early motorist.
The museum has a massive collection of motoring memorabilia including a unique collection of petrol pumps, globes, enamel advertising signs, die-cast scale models and even examples of rare automata.
The history of the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (TT) races is also covered with video displays and timeline tracing the evolution of the race and the machines that took part in it.
- Free Parking
- Cafe Ambio adjacent to museum includes indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the River Leven
- Gift Shop